Sunday, April 9, 2023

End of an Era

Mint Museum, Charlotte, NC  2023


Originally I wasn't going to post this picture.  The color version didn't look all that good, but it looks much better in Black and White.  The picture represents the last photograph taken with my Nikon D90.  The shutter/mirror mechanism failed on my next attempted shots.  I purchased the camera in 2012, and it has served me well.  A quick diagnosis at a local camera repair shop indicated it was probably not worth the expense to repair it.  The money is better spent on a new, more modern camera.  I learned a lot about photography with this camera.  I'm sad to see it go.  

2 comments:

  1. Sad to hear of the failure of your D90. Mine still works, but I've moved on to a smaller, lighter mirrorless camera, and I'm thinking about a new one now. What are you thinking of replacing it with? Yes, this photo works great in b&w.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also thinking about a mirrorless camera, and I'm looking at either Nikon's Z5 or Z6II if I decide to go full frame. I've used the cropped sensor in the D90 so I might opt for cropped-censored Nikon Z50 or Zfc . I'd be interested to hear of your experiences with your mirrorless camera, and what new camera you might be considering. I sort of like the Nikon cameras and have a number of lenses, which I realize might not work as well on the mirrorless bodies, but they would work. I might even look at Sony and Fujifilm's mirrorless line.

      Delete